Undoubtedly, the LED lighting market has shown incredible growth in recent years. Earlier, the biggest drawback of LEDs was that they were used to be too expensive for an average consumer to buy. Plus, it generates only a limited area of light when a wide area of light was needed. But with changing times and due to development in technology, the price of LED lights has gone down considerably also it is continuously dropping more as the demand is increasing tremendously. The developers have successfully eliminated the problem of pinpoint lighting by intelligently combining numerous diodes in different directions. Now, more and more people are turning to LED lights as the major problems have been resolved.
Unlike conventional incandescent lamps which require converting the electricity into thermal energy first and then to light, LED illumination is accomplished when a semiconductor crystal is activated so that it straightly produces visible light in the desired wavelength range. With the constant development of lighting technologies, there would be more possible future applications of LEDs that will be seen.
Nowadays, Corn Light Bulb is considered to be the most energy-efficient form of lighting available in the market. LED lights typically operate at 80-90 per cent energy efficiency, and this means nearly 80 per cent of the electricity consumed is converted to light, whereas the remaining 20 per cent is converted to other types of energy like heat. On the other hand, conventional incandescent lights operate at around 20 per cent efficiency only, which means 80 per cent of the electricity used is generally wasted in other forms of energy like heat. In short, LEDs emit more light per watt in comparison to incandescent bulbs. With the continuous rise in electricity expenses and assured increase in electricity prices over coming years, it is suggested that using LED lights can help to eliminate your lighting bills.
Another prime benefit of LED lights is that they are eco-friendly and most of the normal fluorescent lighting bulbs have several hazardous chemicals & materials like mercury that are dangerous for our environment. However, LED Parking Lot Lights with Photocell are entirely free from any kind of chemical material and the best part is that they are 100% recyclable. LED lights don’t have any toxic or combustible gases to generate light. Plus, such eco-friendly lights produce at least 80% lower CO2 emissions than normal incandescent and halogen lights. Hence, shifting to LED lightings is absolutely a prime step for a greener future.
LED lights are considered to be extremely durable and they are manufactured with robust components that can withstand even in the roughest conditions. Like regular incandescent bulbs, LEDs do not have any brittle filaments or gas-filled tubes, and so they are hard to damage with external shock, vibration or day-to-day wear.
Low Heat Dissipation
Another most paramount feature that proves LED lights are better than other conventional illumination approaches is that they have extremely low heat dissipation. In fact, the amount of heat generated by LED lights is usually five times less than the heat produced by incandescent bulbs. This makes led wall pack light dusk to dawn a vital choice to use around your home, particularly in those areas where you spend a lot of time, such as kitchen or office room. The low heat dissipation characteristic of LED lighting can really, decrease the overall temperature of a building.
Reduced Fire Risk
One of the lesser-known benefits of indoor LED lightings is that they drastically eliminate the risk of fires by dipping the chance of combusting the surrounding materials. This is because LED lights consume much less electricity and produces less heat in comparison to other regular lights. UFO Led High Bay Light usually run at a low temperature that there is hardly any likelihood of ignition in the nearby materials. Unlike most other lights, an LED does not get hot and that’s the most important reason that you can even hold a LED bulb in your hand after it has been running for some time. On the other hand, if you repeat the same process with a halogen globe, then you will end up burning yourself out. Colored LEDs are normally used as signal lights and indicator lights, such as the power button on a computer.
LEDs don’t have mercury and so legally you can throw these lights in the trash, but it’s still better to recycle them as they have numerous positive impacts on the environment.