It is possible that after a review you have been told that your little one needs eyeglasses to correct some visual alteration. But what does this have to do with cat eye glasses . Generally, we think cat-eye eyes are more suitable for adult women. But sometimes you will find that cat eyeglasses make your child look more stylish and cute. Wearing glasses is not so easy to accept for children at first. That being the case, why not choose some styles that suit them so that glasses can also become fashionable items like lipsticks?In this blog, we tell you what things you should take into account when choosing cat eyeglasses for your child.
How to choose the best cat eye glasses for your child?
The little ones in the house enjoy running, jumping, playing… Therefore, the materials of their mounts must be very resistant:
– If the child is under 6 years old. For babies and very young children, the best option is silicone frames, since it is a particularly resistant material.
– It should be very flexible, prevents them from deforming, makes them much lighter, distributes the weight leaning over the bridge more evenly, adjusts better to the child’s face and, in addition, thy are hypoallergenic. With this material, monobloc frames are made that do not have hinges on the side, making them more comfortable and safer.
– If he is over 6 years old: in this case, the material is no longer so important, but rather that they are very comfortable and the little one likes them. The most common materials in children’s glasses for this age range are plastic or metals such as nickel or titanium, which are also hypoallergenic and very light.
In addition to the material that the frame is made of, you have to take into account other aspects of the shape and size to ensure the comfort of cat eye frames:
– They should be the right size and fit your face, not too big or too small.
– The rods must be the correct size.
– The bridge should be well placed on the child’s nose, without putting too much pressure on it.
How to choose your crystals?
To choose your crystals you must take into account the following recommendations:
– Discard the mineral crystals. They are very fragile and are not recommended for children.
– Opt for organic polycarbonate lenses. They are stronger and lighter. With an anti-scratch treatment, they are perfect for children.
– For the size of the crystals, you must take into account that the lens completely covers the eye so that when you move it, you do not have any angle left without the lens.
Can you wear contact lenses?
If your child is a little older, from 12 years old, you can consider the option of wearing contact lenses. As you know, some contact lenses require maintenance and a certain maturity to put them on and take them off. If you think your little one is mature and responsible enough to wear contact lenses, in this post, we will tell you everything you need to know to be sure.
Sunglasses also for the sun:
As they are not fully formed until they are 12 years old, children’s eyes are especially sensitive and delicate as they are not capable of filtering UVA and UVB rays, which end up reaching the retina. Not protecting children’s eyes from the sun can have dire consequences in the future.
To choose the best sunglasses for your child, you must take into account their age for the material, size, and shape of the frame, the same as with prescription glasses.
For the lenses, you have to choose those with the highest protection, those in category 4. Always remember to check that they are approved sunglasses and that they bear the CE symbol.
If you are in the process of selecting cat eye glasses frames for your child, we advise you to involve him from the first moment, that you have his opinion and his tastes. In this way, you will feel much better about the change involved in starting to wear glasses and you will gain confidence if you look good with them.
If you need more information and advice, visit vooglam.com and ask us. Our team of opticians-optometrists will be happy to help you choose the best eyeglasses for your little one.
The best lenses for your eye care:
When it comes to purchasing lenses, our online optician is the best store for you. There we have a wide range of eyeglasses including cateye glasses and sunglasses from the best manufacturers. All the products we offer are quality, and original, and we deliver them to the customer with their original cover and accessories.
We work with the most efficient and responsible transport agencies, to guarantee the delivery of your items in a short time.